Seawood Builders is a LEED-Certified contractor. However, green construction goes further than a type of structure, a process, or an accreditation. Sustainable construction principles should be at the core of everything our industry does. It is our responsibility to be resource-efficient during all phases of development. Our goal is to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on our planet and human health by:
- Efficiently using energy, water, and other resources
- Protecting occupant health and improving occupant productivity
- Reducing waste, pollution, and environmental degradation
Seawood Builders is committed to promoting sustainable construction and building operations by reducing the environmental impact of our day-to-day operation. Our beautiful new headquarters was outfitted to take advantage of renewable resources such as using sunlight instead of lightbulbs when possible, reducing rainwater run-off via a rain garden, using low-impact building materials including natural woods and recycled plastics, and sourcing office equipment and supplies from local merchants.
Please consider making your next project a green building. Here are some advantages you may realize:
- Lower operating costs over the structure’s lifespan
- Improved occupant productivity
- Likely higher market value
- A healthier environment with healthier occupants
- Tax benefits and credits
- Lower utility demand
We have a responsibility to Planet Earth. It begins with the way we think and permeates to the way we build.